Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So not a morning person...

This morning on the way to work, I was attacked. Several missiles were thrown at me. Most missed instead hitting the car I was walking past, but one connected hard enough to leave a mark. Turns out it's not the best idea to walk under a cherry tree on a windy day. The tree will attack, much like magpies during swooping season but far less discriminating.
In fact, today is so far shaping up as a day when I should have just gone back to bed. I brought my ipod into work with me, as usual, but the headphones are still attached to my laptop after late night Spooks watching. My secret birthday surprise visit for my Mum is no longer secret or surprise, because it turns out that my Dad is the worst person in the world to tell a secret to - he didn't even last 12 hours, as far as I can tell. And to add insult to injury, I'm doing door schedules for my current project. For the uninitiated, that means that I have to go through the plans of the as-yet unbuilt building, number each door and fill its details into a spreadsheet. It's tedious enough to be mind numbing, but crucial that I get it right. Given my current state of woolly-headedness, not likely.
But I think I have the perfect antidote. Tonight I'm off to see what promises to be the corniest show I've heard about in a long time. Dreamboats and Petticoats. It's all early rock'n'roll....I'm hoping for comedy gold whether it's intentional or not. If I progress far enough on the road to merriment, I may even find myself singing along, or swaying in my seat. A healthy drink or two with dinner would get me well on the way to that point, I think. Here's hoping.

No comments: