Monday, July 10, 2006

Not a fish...or Finnish

The lovely people at Google have just brought something to my attention. (OK, they didn't really do anything...I ran a search out of curiousity, to see if this blog appeared...sad, but true.) And it turns out, there are thousands of posts relating to Killi...so I thought I'd take this opportunity to clear something up, incase anyone should ever accidentally stumble across this while looking for something else. The Killi referred to in the name of this blog is not a fish. Nor does it relate to Kilimanjaro (although the two have been linked in the past). It has nothing to do with a Finnish singer by the same name. Nor is it anything to do with Lord of the Rings (there are an amazing number of people who, in the past, have thought that the name was to do with one of the dwarfs in The Hobbit. I did read The Hobbit a long time ago, and there were plenty of -illi-named dwarfs. As far as I remember, Killi was not one of them). Instead, the name comes from something silly, and has been stuck to me since I was about 14 years old. One of my high school friends had a few problems spelling what I had thought was a fairly simple name (and no, I'm not going to say what it is...need some privacy!). So ever since, I've been known as Killi.

No comments: