Monday, July 17, 2006

Shiny red stuff

Have to say, I think there's been admirable restraint in not blogging every minute detail of my life on here, even if it mostly because I'm trying to keep it to things that I think are either not boring, or things I wouldn't mind if my Dad stumbled across. Which brings me to contemplating the lovely shiny red metallic nail polish I put on on Saturday night. There aren't nearly enough red things in my world right now. I have a beanie, a scarf, a hand bag, and now nail polish. Oh, and the warmest polar fleece wind stopper jacket, which is probably one of my favourite winter rug-up things...But its not enough. I want red shoes, a red coat and a red top to wear when I go out partying! I'm not sure why I have this sudden fixation with red - it could be because it blends so well with my last colour obsessions, black and grey (although there was a minor flirtation with teal, and one with brown, that don't quite go so well). I do know exactly where this particular colour fetish started. It was at work, strangely enough, in a kitchen design that will never be built, now, thanks to some dodgy developers - but that's a story for another day. Shiny red kitchen cupboards, with sleek white stone benches. That was what started it all off. I was so impressed with my own computer modelling of the kicthen, that ever since I've been looking for all things red. And finally, otehr people must be as well, because I'm seeing things in the shops that are the exact shades I'm looking for. Only catch is, now I can't buy them, for one reason or another (grr to the accountant who screwed up somewhere in one of the three places I've worked in the last financial year, not taking out nearly enough tax, leaving me with a choice between skipping the country - a viable option - or selling my soul for filthy lucre). Why does it always work like that???

So the upshot is that I have come up with a new version of Murphy's Law. If you're looking for something in the shops, you will find it the day you have no cash - or the day after you settled for the next best thing that was twice the price. It might not solve the ever more dangerous and decidedly childish round of "well they started it"s coming out of the Middle East - again, something for a day when I'm not trying to cheer myself up after a 2-filling trip to the dentist at 8am on a Monday morning - but it's a rule to be aware of, and true for all that!

1 comment:

C.A. Johnson said...

Hey, Killi. Nice blog. Keep it up...