Thursday, February 05, 2009

Tick . . . Tock

Clock watching is a dangerously tempting activity. Especially when I realised that I hadn't gotten around to saving all the setting changes that I made to my blog at lunchtime. If only I could get back into it now, I'd actually be able to post both this and the last post I wrote (I ran out of time at lunch, and cannot access the blogger website during "work" hours thanks to the censoring software the office runs. Grr). So instead, I just thought I'd comment on the futility of clock watching

The last 6 minutes have been an eternity. I'm not sure I can make it to 5:30. A whole 115 minutes! And all I have to do are landscaping drawings (ie putting label tags on the lines representing different types of fencing on a large development site) and bathroom details

I watched the new Minder series last night. It put things into perspective when I saw the sort of scheme that I work on detailing being prepared by the dodgy developers trying to blackmail a poor innocent pub owner who refused to sell. Wonder what they'd make of the fact that I troubleshoot these mega schemes and attempt to make it so things run smoothly on site? Of course, our clients aren't like the Golds. Oh no. They'd never bend the rules at all. Strictly legitimate. They would, however, dock the pay of any of their employees who couldn't make it out to their offices in Seven Oak because of Monday's snow.

OK. Nose. Grind stone. Here goes.

No comments: